We can always use—and greatly appreciate—the following supplies:
- brown paper grocery bags to package books (eg, those from Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods)
- rolls of thick brown or white shipping paper
- large mailing envelopes (9 x 12 or larger; no bubblewrap or cardboard)
- rolls of clear packing tape
- ink pads
- media mail stamps
- clear recycling bags and black garbage bags
- 9-volt batteries for our postage scales
- paper towels and cleaning supplies
We could also use the following odds and ends to spruce up our space and help with public events:
- a 30-gallon garbage can
- a lightweight, compact folding table for offsite outreach
You can bring supplies to our space at Freebird Books in Red Hook, Brooklyn at 123 Columbia Street on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 8 pm or during our volunteer hours on Mondays from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.